Departure Day (for many of us)
We will be leaving our homes today from various parts of the East Coast of the US. The questions and doubts surface in me . What did I forget? What should I leave behind? Do I really want to do this? Am I capable of doing this?
The questions are not only about the physical things I have forgotten or left behind, but the emotional and spiritual ones as well. What should I pack away so that I can experience this Camino as an opportunity to be with God? What mindset should I bring along in order to accomplish that?
The metaphors of the physical journey, even journeying TO the journey are obvious. We are prepared. We have packed well. We begin to breathe in the experience. We begin the journey.
Thanks Paul. All the prepping has come down to a few hours. I’m sure I’ve overpacked some items and forgotten others. I’m sure the miles I’ve put in will have prepared me for this. I’m excited to see old friends and to walk this journey together. I’m sure we’ll all be changed in the end.
ReplyDeleteMay the Lord honor good intentions. I intended to walk farther, eat healthier, pray more. But here we are. It's funny, part of me is looking forward to the struggle. The aches. The weariness. My hope is for moments of weakness to signal a heart more open to Christ. Let's go!
ReplyDelete