2nd Wednesday Musing - No Judgement Zone

 Last March I had shoulder surgery and after 9 months of Physical Therapy had to join a gym to keep up with the rehabilitation exercises. I was somewhat leery of doing so as I never did any strength training but I settled on Crunch with its motto of No Judgement. Planet Fitness also has a Judgement Free Zone.

In thinking back on these 11 days it occurred to me that our group had created something similar here. As I mentioned before, I’m not a blogger and the idea of these musings wasn’t what I had in mind when I decided to do this for the pilgrimage. But thoughts that I had running in my head or sparked from conversations that occurred had a chance to form coherent lines of thinking that leant themselves to getting these comments into written form. Each one of the musings contain not just my original thoughts but include pieces of conversations I’ve had with each guy, either as we walked together or in shared conversations throughout our time together. And there was never any hesitation in the conversations, never any holding back opinions and often, not even consensus on the conclusion. It could not have happened unless we were all open to spirit of why we are here. I’m also certain that, even though most of us were not “friends” at Regis, our shared experience from our time there contributed to the openness of interacting this week. And all done without judgement. 

We haven’t spoken too much about what happens when we leave on Saturday. For me, this pilgrimage won’t end even though it will take a different form. The foundation laid from this physical and spiritual journey has changed me and I’m excited to see what happens next. And if I can do stay connected with all or some of my fellow pilgrims, my experience will be further enriched.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Preparing for the Pligrimage

Departure Day (for many of us)