Welcome to the story of 7 former high school classmates undertaking a pilgrimage on the St Ignatius Way, a trip that will take us from Loyola to Barcelona over 10+ days of hiking, meditating and praying starting on September 10th. Most will gather early to reconnect before the trip and some can and will add their thoughts to mine as we progress in our physical and spiritual journeys. All of us are currently preparing so more to come as the time draws near. Enjoy!
We will be leaving our homes today from various parts of the East Coast of the US. The questions and doubts surface in me . What did I forget? What should I leave behind? Do I really want to do this? Am I capable of doing this? The questions are not only about the physical things I have forgotten or left behind, but the emotional and spiritual ones as well. What should I pack away so that I can experience this Camino as an opportunity to be with God? What mindset should I bring along in order to accomplish that? The metaphors of the physical journey, even journeying TO the journey are obvious. We are prepared. We have packed well. We begin to breathe in the experience. We begin the journey.
Comments
Post a Comment