i need a little be time

My morning routine has become, well, routine. Wake up. Grab phone. Check messages. Scroll NYT headlines. Wordle. Connections. The Mini. Text my brother. Coffee. NYT Crossword. Read scripture. Comment on that scripture on my small group chat. Second coffee. Breakfast. And depending on the day, a walk or perhaps start Spelling Bee. All without speaking to anyone. My wife calls this my “me time”.  I treasure these 90+ minutes. My me time.

This past Monday, as we started the second half of our pilgrimage, the prompt for our two hour walk in silence involved talking and listening to God.

And for a good half hour, me and God did our business. Worked things out. And at the end of that half hour, I asked God, “So what are we going to do for the next hour and a half? Do you have more to teach me? Show me?”

And Christ replied: “Let’s just be together.”

So for 90 minutes I walked with Jesus. At one point we sang the Pilgrim Song together. Another time we prayed the Our Father. But mostly, it was just be. Be with me. Look around. Just be. Breathe. Just be.

It was the most joyous and rewarding 90 minutes I’ve had from Bilbao to Barcelona. Just be. With me.

So as I pack to return home, kiss my wife, re-engage with “life”, I am excited about tomorrow.  As I’ve rediscovered the peace and joy of just being with Christ.

Just be.



Comments

  1. I think your me time was always your be time. Glad that this pilgrimage can let you see that perspective and I love the clarity it brings to you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Preparing for the Pligrimage

Departure Day (for many of us)